Wet and Forget Moss Mould and Lichen Remover

Wet and Forget is the ultimate outdoor cleaner for killing moss, mould and lichen. It is pH neutral, tough on mould yet gentle enough to use on shade sails and beach umbrellas. It can be applied to cement, stone, painted surfaces, retaining walls, fences, statues, grave stones, metal, tiles, pavers and more.

The biodegradable fungicides in Wet and Forget work with surfactants to kill and lift the biological growth from the surface.

Wet and Forget concentrate is diluted 1 part of product to 5 parts of water. Spray over the surface leaving the area wet enough, that it is just starting to run off. You need 8 hours without rain after applying the product.

The moss, mould and algae will be dead but it doesn’t disappear immediately, it is a progressive cleaner. The sun will dry and shrivel up the mould then it will wear away with the sun, wind, rain and the action of walking on it, or the action of car tyres against it. Each time it rains the product will be reactivated killing mould and acting as a mould inhibitor.

This product stands out for being non-caustic, non-acidic, and free from bleach. Its application is designed for easy, DIY use, eliminating the need for scrubbing or water blasting. With a pH level of 8 (compared to water’s pH of 7), it maintains a balanced formula. Additionally, it is environmentally friendly, boasting biodegradability. Conveniently, it dilutes seamlessly into a garden sprayer.

Living Without Mould A Guide for Healthier Homes


Additional information

Weight N/A
Dimensions N/A

2 Litre, 5 Litre

It is slower to get a good result on vertical surfaces as the action of rain doesn’t usually fall on an angle. In these circumstances you may use a hose to mimic the action of rain to speed up the process.
It is best to apply Wet and Forget just before the rainy season so that the weather can do most of the work for you. It is gentle on surfaces unlike pressure cleaners which wear and pit concrete and painted surfaces.

  • 2 litres will treat 40 m²
  • 5 Litres will treat 100 m²